Soulmart Inc. (“SoulMart”) takes an active role in every purchase in order to ensure that both the buyer and seller have a great experience. Throughout this Refund Policy, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to SoulMart. All sales are final, but we may open a case on behalf of a buyer if they don't receive their item or if the item they receive is different than what is described in the listing.
SoulMart is a venue made up of independent sellers who run their own shops. This means that each seller is responsible for their own policies regarding refunds, exchanges, and returns. Individual policies will vary from shop to shop.
As a seller on SoulMart, you’re expected to clearly state your policies regarding returns and refunds in your shop policies. This includes:
- Whether or not you accept returns
- The time frame in which you may accept a return
- Who will pay for the cost of return shipping for any items that are sent back to you
If you do have a problem with a transaction, it’s best to contact the buyer directly via the “Contact a seller” option that you can find on the product page of the product you purchased. Buyers are also encouraged to contact you if they experience any issues.
- Application for Returns/Refunds
- Subject to the terms and conditions in this Refund Policy and the Terms of Service, Buyer may apply for return of the purchased items (“Item”) and/or refund for an item purchased on SoulMart.
- Before you apply for a return/refund with us, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute amicably.
- As a Buyer, you may apply for a refund/return in 2 cases. One, where the 'item is not ‘delivered'. Two, where the 'item is significantly not as ‘described'.
- 'Item is not delivered' is when the buyer has not received the item within a reasonable
- 'Item is significantly not as ‘described' is when the Seller has delivered an Item that does not match the agreed specification (e.g. wrong size, colour, ) to the Buyer. Or, The Item delivered to the Buyer is materially different from the description provided by the Seller in the listing of the Item.
- If the item has been damaged during shipping, please contact your seller to raise this issue with the shipping
- Buyer may not apply for the return of the Item and/or refund due to a change of
- As a Buyer
- You may pursue a report about a transaction or contact your card provider to pursue any chargeback options that may be available to you from your card However, you may not pursue both options at the same time or seek double recovery in respect of the same transaction. If you raise a dispute with us and subsequently file a chargeback with your card provider, we will close your report.
- If you have received a refund/exchange from the seller, you may not report that
- If the 'item is not delivered' we will ask the seller to provide proof of shipping and delivery that can be tracked online. If the seller fails to do so, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to resolve the dispute in your
- If the 'item is significantly not as described', and both parties cannot agree as to the difference between the item/service that was sold and what was described, we will make a fair decision based on all the information we hold about the item. We will exercise our decision-making authority based on numerous factors, which include the description of the item at the point of purchase, communications between you and the seller as well as any documentation All decisions made by us are final.
- Disputes as a Seller
- As a seller, we encourage you to communicate actively with your buyer especially if there are any exceptional circumstances. We encourage you to be prompt in responding to your Buyers in order to avoid any unnecessary
- For 'items that are not delivered we will contact you to request proof of The documentation must clearly show that you have shipped the item to the buyer's address as reflected on the sales receipt. The documentation must be able to be tracked online showing the date the item was sent and the official acceptance of the item by the shipping company and the status update that the item was delivered (buyer's acceptance). This is the only evidence that we will accept as proof of delivery. If proof of delivery cannot be provided then we may resolve the dispute in favour of the buyer.
- For 'items not as described' disputes, we will be reviewing the item description and images that were provided at the time of purchase. If both parties cannot agree as to the difference between the item/service that was sold and what was described, we will make a fair decision based on all the information we hold about the item. We will exercise our decision-making authority based on numerous factors, which include the description of the item at the point of purchase, communications between you and the buyer as well as any documentation All decisions made by us are final.
- If the buyer attempts to pursue any chargeback options, we will close the dispute in order to prevent double recovery.
- Within 3 days of delivery, a Buyer can report an issue with an item they received. If the item is not as described in the listing, the Buyer receives the incorrect item or is in some other way unsatisfactory, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to assist the Buyer in returning the item to the seller and refunding their money. The Buyer can upload photos and offer details of the item when a case is.
- We cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
- The cost of returning the item will be mutually agreed on between the Buyer and
- We will do our best to facilitate the refund from the Seller. If the Seller refuses to comply or has taken more than 2 weeks to complete the refund, we encourage our Buyers to employ the chargeback If you need help with this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend that sellers be as detailed and descriptive as possible when creating listings to avoid problems with sales. Please review the listing photos, descriptions, and item condition, and if you have any questions, please ask the seller for additional measurements, photos, or information. Sellers are usually happy to provide additional information.